Four Contemplations CD
FOUR CONTEMPLATIONS: The Alchemy of Stillness
– Kate Potter and Dirje Childs
Kate Potter, renowned Yoga teacher, and Dirje Childs, improvisational cellist, entwine cello and voice in this artful meditation CD.
The CD includes 8 tracks. The Prelude is a 3-minute practice to reset your busy day, and the Postlude, for a piece for getting to sleep at night, as bookends to the four longer meditations Each of these is an amalgam of voice and improvised cello compositions, both solo and layered. The last 2 pieces are cello only as a way to continue your practice right into a deep and restful sleep.
- Prelude: Reset and Refresh. A short practice to be done in your car, on the bus, while you wait, or even as you move about your day.
- Coming Home: To be done at your desk, on a cushion, or on your mat. The goal is to be at home in your body, anchored in breath.
- River Journeys: This practice could be done laying down, to wash away tiredness in the body and erase effort from the mind.
- A Dream Is Alive: This practice is done standing. The goal is to know your strength, and to gain strength through practice.
- Savasana: This practice could be done after yoga, or on its own. The goal is deep healing rest.
- Postlude - Sleep Away Sleep: We hope you will make this your trained habit at day's end, and like a child, fall into a deep and perfect sleep.
- Music Only - Reset and Refresh:Dirje Child's composition and playing to take you further along in your relaxation.
- Music Only - Sleep Away Sleep:The last of Dirje's pieces to take you into a deep and restful sleep.